Wednesday 23 October 2013

Inspiration- October 2013




Since I am currently sick in bed and don't have the energy to work on the blog post I originally wanted to put up today I will be doing an inspiration post on what is inspiring me at the moment. The original post will be up next week;)

So enjoy , use the comment box below to tell me what is inspiring YOU lately.

BODY ARMOUR:

I love the idea of modern Armour with vintage or ancient touches to it, so it can be worn in a modern way. I think Olivia Kissel (top left) is the Queen of this look,and her pieces are so versatile and can be worn in so many ways,specially if you are  a dancer.

pic credits:
olivia Kissel
Anbenna
Steampunkd
Contemporain jewellery

BEADED DRESSES:

I am loving dresses which are heavily beaded and have texture and detail. They are beautiful and inspire me to be a better beader and more detail orientated in my work. I love that you can find both modern and vintage examples of this,and sometimes modern dresses with vintage inspired detailing! YUM!

pic credits:
Isla Fisher
A game of clothes
Lillian Powell
Marchesa

CROWNS:

I love these takes on crowns, yes they may be over the top but who wouldn't want to be a Princess and rule with these on their heads?

Pic Credits:
Cutlery crown
Silver crown
Gold crown

GOTHIC RED RIDING HOOD:

This has been inspiration for my solo  for our end of year showcase. You will have to wait and see what I do and what I look like in it! But black and red is the predominant theme.

Pic credits:
red riding hood
black hood coat
gothic makeup

So those are just some of the things which are on my "muse" board lately. Hope you are inspired yourselves!

love and shimmies

No comments:

Post a Comment