Wednesday 2 October 2013

D.I.Y- Tutu Tutorial



This week I have a fun D.I.Y to show you.
An Adult sized tutu tutorial (because why should kids have all the fun?;))

The back story as to why I decided I needed a tutu after never having owned one ever (even as a kid) goes like so- My friend K decided for his 30th to have a kid-themed party. We had to go dressed as we would go as kids to a party. So of course I jumped on the opportunity to have fun with the dress-up theme and decided to do some D.I.Y to make something that worked for me. I wanted to be a "fairy princess". For that I needed a tutu and wings.

I had seen some pinterest pins and blog-posts on the "no-sew" tutu technique, and decided to try this out for an adult sized tutu.

The following pics explain step-by-step how to make your own tutu fit for a fairy princess!














FINISHED PRODUCT:



Ok so here is my final look for the party- It was a freezing cold day hence the long sleeves. The tutorial for the wings will be on the blog next week! 


Hope this inspires you to bring out your inner princess! It should also be easy to make for younger girls and children. A simple and easy D.I.Y for even the most craft challenged out there. 

here is a pic of  a birthday tutu I made for my little friend E a couple years ago using the same technique. Isn't she cute? 

If you have any questions or need an extra step to be shown let me know!

Remember to check next week for the wing tutorial. 

Happy dress up- specially as Halloween and parties are just around the corner! 

Also if you do make a tutu from this tutorial please either link to it in the comments or send me a pic via my email magpiecalls@gmail.com I would love to see your versions! 

much love and shimmies

No comments:

Post a Comment