Wednesday 14 August 2013

Inspiration- August 2013

I thought this week's post would give you a glimpse at what is inspiring me in my creative endeavors lately. All us creatives need feeding from the muses and its always exciting to me to see how I take that inspiration and turn it into something that is unique!

Here are my sources of inspiration-
Subtle Colour Shading
I am loving blending of complementary colours to create beautiful tonal looks. also makes them very versatile

 Sparkly Adornment
I love the bling factor, which can be as subtle or OTT as you want. As you may be aware Magpies love the shiney stuff! 

 Flowers In The Hair
 It is such a romantic look, and has that boho feel to it as well. I have already made a couple of fabric flower crowns for Magpie Calls and having a flower in my hair is becoming my signature look!

 Flowers In General
The colours, the designs, the combinations, all inspire me in some way!
 

 Downton Abbey
Who doesn't love the series? I admit I am lagging behind and am only on season 2, but fell in love with the fashions from the start. They sure knew how to use detail well back then. swoon! 

Intricate Detailing
This picture is from one of the Game of Throne's costumes, and just shows how much detail they put into the clothing for each character- no wonder we are so drawn into the world of the Westeros.(Besides the great acting and storyline of course;)  I am a big fan of really putting effort into creating garments and items that have been carefully thought out, put together and finished off. I am constantly looking at ways to do what I do- better!

 Lace
I have always had a bit of a crush on lace. I am loving the new interpretations of this age old art.
 

Fairytales
They get our imagination going from a young age, and even as an adult there is a fascination with stories, fantasy, princesses, castles, battling evil (and good winning) that really gets the creative juices flowing!

So that is what is getting me amped... tell me , what is inspiring YOU at the moment?

love and shimmies

No comments:

Post a Comment