Tuesday 1 April 2014

Liberace Exhibit at The Cosmopolitan in Las Vegas



Today I am sharing with you one of the exhibits I visited while in Las Vegas. We just happened to be walking along the strip passing The Cosmopolitan when I spied this exhibit through the window. We realised it was free to go in and we were allowed to take photos. Being the Bellydancers we are , we could not resist taking a gander at an exhibit showcasing one of the most outrageous and blinged up performers ever: LIBERACE!


I love this quote!


I couldn't believe the detail that these costumes had! Also can't imagine how much they must weigh!



Puts Bellydancers everywhere to shame!

Each costume is its own work of art!



CRAZY!!!!!




I got so much inspiration for costuming from this exhibit! This cloak I fell in love with and I am so going to create a dance costume based on it! <3


Liberace had all the finer details included in his overall vision of Over The Top. Even his bowties and shoes got the bling treatment! 




Then last but not least, his favourite accessories- His piano and Car... decorated as only he would have done, entirely in rhinestones!  Gotta love it!





 
 This was a fun and inspiring little aside on my trip and I love looking at the pics and just oohing and aahhing over the details and the boldness of design he had. Really was amazing! 

Hope you have enjoyed seeing into Liberace's wardrobe! May be time to go watch "Under the Candelabra " for more inspiration! 

love and shimmies


No comments:

Post a Comment