Tuesday 9 September 2014

New Magpie Calls Branding!

Hey All. Well you might have noticed as you got onto the page that a few things have changed.
Well these changes are all a part of the new Magpie Calls Branding I had commissioned by the Fabulous Fathima Kathrada of Happiness Is

Although Magpie Calls started out as a hobby in 2012, directly from making costumes and accessories for dancing. It has grown more than I could have thought over the last couple of years, and it is time to take it to the next level. Branding was an obvious part of that growth!

Some Background on the name: As a Bellydancer I am a self-confessed Magpie and often joke that I have A.D.O.S (Attention Deficit Oooh Shiny) Disorder. When I started getting orders for my Fabric flower clips and accessories I felt I needed a name to go with this new business. I knew I wanted something to do with Magpies and I came across a poem that spoke of Magpie Calls, and I immediately thought THAT is what I want my accessories and creations to do- to call out to my fellow Magpies and draw them in. I want each pretty to find it's rightful owner- to have it call to their hearts and as each pretty is unique, it should belong to a particular owner! Hence the birth of Magpie Calls.

Now obviously this back story was fairly important to me and to how I wanted my Brand to move ahead. I chatted to Fathima about how I wanted something that was classic , yet also represented the fact that I like each pretty to be unique- that I mix old and new elements and try to always put my own spin onto my creations. I was also specifically wanting something that would be a great fit for getting into shops and into the Wedding Market. 

Here are some of the designs we went through during the back and forth process:


They are all pretty great, but just not quite what I wanted. After a couple of tweaks Fathima came up with this Gem...


 She even included versions with Bellydance and Bridal in the logo for the different branches of my business. So Cool.

Here is the logotypes I will be using for packaging and price tags:




And here are my awesome business cards- Yes I have three versions (I couldn't choose hehe)


Aren't they gorgeous? You would buy from me if I gave you one of these cards right? ;)

She also included other elements which will help me to add cohesion across the board in advertising, displays, social media and on the blog.

I am SO excited to see this all become a reality and over the next couple of months I will be switching all aspects of Magpie Calls over to the new Branding. First on the agenda... new business cards!

I really feel that this new look will elevate my business to a more professional level and enable my products to really stand out and be memorable. I can see 2015 being a really really good year for Magpie Calls!

Thank you to Fathima Kathrada Illustration and Design for such a wonderful job:D

Here are her contact details:
www.happinessisat.blogspot.com
fathima.kathrada@gmail.com
https://www.facebook.com/happinesscreates

much love


2 comments:

  1. How lovely! Congrats on your new branding. Very pleased to see you are working on your business! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nadia. Doing your workshop last year started the push towards leveling up and I am excited to see where it all ends up!

      Delete