Wednesday 18 September 2013

Commission- Vintage themed bridal shower gifts





Hi all.

This week  finally get to show you something which I worked on recently.

I was commissioned by the Mother-in-law to make little thank-you favors for the bride-to-be's bridal shower. Since the theme of the wedding is vintage and the colour scheme includes pinks and creams she felt little fabric hearts would go perfectly with the whole concept.

Having seen what I do she left it up to me to use my creativity and imagination. A wonderful customer she even provided a few beads, and some vintage lace for me to use.

I had fun searching through all my fabrics to find ones that would say "vintage" , "pretty", "floral" etc. I also raided my stash of vintage and retro buttons for pale pinks, greens and pearly tones.


Each heart had a button and another heart handsewn onto it, the rest was creative beading and decorating. a little ribbon tag allows it to be hung from anything. The original idea was that each guest could choose a heart and a scent to sprinkle onto it, and take away a lovely smelling favor!

This is the final product:



I love how they turned out. All the hearts were made from scratch and hand-sewn and beaded. Each one is unique and varying in size and shape.



I was lucky to be allowed to come and photograph the set-up for the shower before it began, and what a pretty set-up it was! Flowers everywhere, such cute details (even the cutlery and tea-cups had little ribbons tied on them). Lovely embroidered table clothes, scrumptious eats, a beautiful spring day all made for a really sweet bridal shower! I hope the bride-to-be appreciated all the hard work that went into it!



I had a lot of fun making these and am planning to make some to sell as decorations at the Christmas markets. Would do them in golds,silvers, reds, greens, etc.  These would also make great wedding favors as they could be matched colour and fabric wise to any theme.

Love when new ideas from customers inspire more ventures and creations!

much love and shimmies


No comments:

Post a Comment